Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Making a difference

When I'm preparing our evening meal each night (supper for the midwest-dinner for the rest of you) I always tune in to NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams. Why I have that preference is because of one segment that ends the broadcast; "Making a Difference". It's about everyday people making a positive difference in someone's life. After listening to all the troubles of the world; it's so refreshing to learn of good turn. Nothing earth shattering; just a person or a group of persons doing something from the heart to help their fellow man and woman.
Tonight, it really touched my heart - foster home for pets for our service men and women deployed overseas.

You, who know me, know what I feel about animals, especially dogs. They have always been my haven, my King X's and sometimes; the only ones I could trust.

Well, before I get too sappy, let me tell you about this beautiful group of people. Sometimes a person who must leave for a while can't find a home for their best friend. That where the Guardian Angels for Soldiers' pets come in. They have established a network of foster homes for this need.

Is this awesome or what!

I love  people that are always coming up with solutions instead shaking their heads in sorrow.

To learn more about this, please go to http://www.guardianangelsforsoldierspet.org/.

I love animals; but I really, really, love the human race.

1 comment:

Stef Kramer said...

You should donate Cliff. No, wait. We want to keep the program going, right?