Wednesday, April 15, 2009

EARTH DAY is everyday

Our grandchildren on Easter Sunday.

Earth day was April 22. That's when we were to acknowledge and try to do something to improve our planet. I spent the day working in my yard and walking the dogs. PERFECT.

The last two years of research on organic and responsible living have opened my eyes.


My husband and I do live differently than we did 15-20 years ago. We have already became more aware; recycling, fluorescent light bulbs, energy efficiency. We are eating differently, too. I've been reducing the amount of processed food we eat. I am a little surprised how rewarding it has become. It does takes a little more planning, but not as much as I first thought. It's been fun trying new recipes. Not all have been successes. We discovered we didn't like a lot of basil on our pork loins. And we still have some processed food in the house. (I just need a few Lays potato chips occasionally.) The biggest rewards are how much better "real" food taste and how much better we feel.


A great website for finding healthy ways to live and help our planet is http://www.thegreenguide.com/.

1 comment:

Stef Kramer said...

Those are the cutest kids I ever saw! Also, how do you sign up for your email so I can have your postings automatically sent? Would you like me to do it? Love, SK