Sunday, October 26, 2008

My "Retirement"

I have so many wonderful friends of my generation counting the days to their retirement. In fact, I am often asked "How many days do you have left?" I have an answer; but not the one they mean.

I have one.

One more day has been given to me. Thank you.

I hope and pray I use it wisely.

This week I'll be turning 62. Big deal. People say they don't feel their age. What does that mean? I just feel like me; no matter what my age. I don't feel any age. I know I am wiser and more comfortable with myself than twenty years ago. I'm starting a new business and every day is full of new challenges and opportunities; it doesn't get better than that. I have a husband whose company I enjoy better than any one else I know; a family I couldn't love more and two dogs who keep our house lively and entertaining (besides the grandkids, of course).

So......I guess I'll enjoy my "retirement"----as long as there is mayhem.

No comments: