Monday, April 18, 2011

Sandy's Project-Yay! I'm done (almost)

 Remember this? This was my fun "little project" to do in my spare time.

Ha!!!!!

I laugh in your face.

O.K. So I've had my ups and downs. Am I glad I did this? 

Yes.

Will I buy another building to renovate?
Why don't you pull out my toenails instead. It would be less painful.
Here's the current view:
Pretty cool, huh. And, we even have a tenant living in it now. If Ron and I live to be 175 years old; we will actually see a profit.

But the benefits are greater than any profits. Renovating a historial building has its own rewards. This space hadn't been used in over 60 years. We saved the woodwork, honored the integrity and kept the history alive. That was our reward. We love history and the stories that can be told by preserving the tangibles.

Here are some pictures:

Although, I'm "almost" done (I still need to finish the french doors), I'm taking a little break. Then the main floor; soon to become our Rubi J Store, can become the next "Sandy's project".


Just can't wait to break through two layers of bricks.