Sunday, September 26, 2010

OMG!!!!! I've lost my cell phone.

Yes; the unthinkable happened. I lost my cell phone today. It would have been easier to lose a finger (I could still function). Talk about "Panic in the streets".

I did what any proud American would do. Stop everything. Think. Remember. Retrace my steps. My God, we're talking about my cell phone!!!!!! I knew you would understand.

We had gone to the hardware store; check, not there. I walked the dogs; check, not on that route. Unless, of course, some little kid picked it up (any adult would have called the emergency number because they knew the pain I was going through).

My next retracing was Ron's pickup I had borrowed. I knew it was at my building I was working on uptown. Wait. Maybe it's in the pickup. HALLELUJAH!!!! There it was. On the seat. I swear, there was a halo around it.

So, I found my cell phone; end of story. But what does this tell us about ourselves? Five years ago, we seemed to function just fine without immediate connection to the world. What changed?

We did.

So; are we better off or not? I don't know. My cell phone is always by my side. Is it a good thing or bad? What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mostly a good thing, I think. Except for that terrible sinking feeling when it goes missing.

I'm glad you found yours. I have less trouble with my own now that I've bought pants with deep pockets, to keep it in.

Stef Kramer said...

Like everything else...in moderation. When I'm with my family, I could care less about the phone. But on a normal hectic work week, when everyone is in school and busy going from here to there, it's a complete and total necessity.