Sunday, May 2, 2010

A perfect "Organic" Weekend

It's Sunday night, I'm reflecting. Don't care if this is the end of the weekend and soon it will be Monday morning. If we didn't have Monday through Friday, Saturday and Sunday wouldn't be special.

You remember (I hope) what my meaning of organic is: living harmoniously with the earth. Well, this was my perfect organic weekend:

Saturday: All day shopping and bonding with my daughter and two grandchildren. Husband, Ron, spent the day in heaven up to his elbows in grease, working on motorcycles. (Win, win situation for everyone.)

Sunday: Visited Ron's mom at the rehab center where we were amazed and thrilled at her progress. In the P.M., we went the symphony pops concert and a tribute performance of the Motown Sound. For baby boomers like us; it doesn't get any better.

In the evening, I fixed one of our favorite heart healthy meals:
Walnut crusted lemon chicken, roasted potatoes and asparagus.

Oh, I don't want to forget the two other members of the family. Ron took Clifford and Lucy for their morning walks and I took them for the evening walks, along with my iPod; totally enjoying the spring air.

So there you have it - my weekend. Probably won't make any newsline and also probably I have bored you to death. Sorry. I'm just happy for the things and people I have. I hope you are too.


My grandkids at Easter.

1 comment:

Stef Kramer said...

Those are the cutest kids I've ever seen!