Sunday, November 23, 2008

What would Alex and Cole look like with an 'Animal Tail'?



Since Mom was busy fighting with some screen printing issues today, of which I am no help, I offered to be her substitute blogger for the day.



As many of you know, we've added 'Animal Tails' to the Rubi J line. Finally my kids will get to do a little modeling on this blog. (C'mon Mom, Lucy and Cliff made their debuts before Alex and Cole?) Anyway, these t-shirts are sublime! Not only are they soft, adorable, ethically-made, but they also teach our children about endangered species. Each t-shirt comes with a message from the animal. Cole received a note from a gentle (yes, gentle) Siamese Crocodile and Alex heard from a wonderfully 'memorable' Asian Elephant.

I'm so excited about this business venture. While it will take some time to build an inventory of products that Mom and I believe in, we are enjoying the mission. Never did we realize how much reward there would be in finding products that increase the social consciousness of our consumers, especially the children. How many of you sit down with your children after a day of shopping to discuss the global impact of your purchases? Well, when I sat down with Alex and Cole to read our 'Animal Tails' cards, I explained how a portion of the proceeds will go to the Africat Foundation. Their wondrous reactions sent a warmth through my spine and reminded me how important little lessons can be to the development of our posterity.

No comments: