Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thankful

After some very dark hours and almost lost of hope, we have been blessed. Frank is recovering from his emergency surgery and the hospital staff is very encouraging. He is still very ill, but we have good reports that he should make a full recovery.
I'm a firm believer something good always appears from crisis. I met three of Frank's family who traveled to see their brother. Through the many hours sitting in the hospital, we got to know each other and discovered how much we all liked each other. Though from totally different back grounds and traditions, we connected with each other immediately.
I don't know about you, but one of the life's joys is new friends. I love all my old ones, but a person can never have enough new friends. Your world is broaden and your heart grows bigger with each one.
Sandy

1 comment:

Stef Kramer said...

I'm also a true believer in something good can come out of something bad. You just have to look for it!