Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Snow Leopard

Photo by Aaron Logan [http://www.lightmatter.net/ source
Did you know there are two different snow leopards in our world? There is the beautiful big cat of Central Asia. Secondly, most Apple computer users know the Snow Leopard as the newest Mac Operating System. I'm not worried about Apple's future. They seemed to be very secure. The living Snow Leopard, however, is endangered. For more information go to http://www.snowleopard.org/.
Look at this glorious animal. That it could be lost in the wild forever is heartbreaking.

The Snow Leopard comes on one of the Animal Tails girl's long sleeved t-shirts. It's our current "Special" at http://www.rubij.com/. Here's what the hang tag says:

"I love to roam in the high, wide open and very cold snowy mountains of Central Asia. But you will have to look hard to spot me as my coat is perfect for camouflaging me in the snowy rocky terrain. My stunning extra long tail provides extra balance as I leap gracefully from one mountainous point to another, it also works beautifully as a very stylish scarf to keep my nose warm on really cold nights! My large paws are like snowshoes, to help me walk on snow.

My beauty has been the reason we are so endangered, people keep hunting us to put our furry coats on cat walks! Despite a worldwide ban on hunting, we now find traditional medicine makers are after us for our bones, and on top of all that, our habitat is now under threat from domestic herds, things are really getting very tricky for me, but I am too shy to make much of a scene about it."

I hope some people searching for answers about their Mac's OS will stumble across some websites informing about these Snow Leopards' plight.

No comments: