Friday, January 8, 2010

Organic Living (cont.)


After my first blog about organic living, meaning to live harmoniously with the earth, I would like to add more thoughts.

First, the weather in the Midwest has been brutal.  We can't find any more space to put the snow. The sub-zero temperatures are trying, to say the least. We can't think of anything to talk about except the weather. It's affecting my cheery outlook. What to do????

I know. Turn to the one and only cure: Black gospel music. If you have not try this alternative medicine; let me reassure you, it's safe. It can be taken with any medication. I swear. You will begin to feel your blood flow again, your mind soaring, happiness is within you.

It doesn't matter what, if any, religion you are, the power of black gospel music will heal.

I discovered this music when we lived in Louisana in the 70's. I listened to it on the radio every Sunday morning. It wasn't the arrangements, the production or even the song itself. It was the purity of the feeling of joy and being able to express it. How I wish I had that talent.

My favorite album I own is Sam Cooke and the Soul Stirrers. If you are old enough, you will remember Sam Cooke as a pop artist in the 50' and 60's. Before that, he was a gospel singer. Totally awesome!

I've told my family I want his song "Any Day Now" to be played at my funeral (along with Boys II Men's "It's too hard to say goodby"); which hopefully won't be for a long time.

Go to YouTube and find out for yourself. You will become a believer.

No comments: