Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Blue Summit Experience


Last Tuesday evening, daughter Stef and I went to a holiday gathering at the Blue Summit store in Omaha, Nebraska. I think its official name is Blue Summit Global Experience. It's located at 4101 South 120th Street in Omaha.

Believe me, it is a wonderful experience. The gift store's mission is to "create hope, dignity and independence by supporting artisans from developing countries."  There was pottery, books, purses, jewelry, baskets, wall hangings, metal works; the list could go on and on. It was fascinating to wander around the store and read the stories of the artisans and marvel at the workmanship.

I picked up a few Christmas gifts and the vase in the picture for myself.

The next time you're in Omaha, stop in at Blue Summit and try the "experience"  for yourself.

2 comments:

Stef Kramer said...

Beautiful piece -- can you tell us about it?

Rubi J said...

It's made out of onyx. I wish I could remember which country. I might have to take another trip to the store to refresh my memory of where the vase was made.