Monday, June 28, 2010

My project.


About 5 years ago I bought one of the buildings on the square of Harlan, Iowa, my home town. I rented the first floor with plans to renovate the upstairs, which had been vacate for over 50 years. I've been doing a little every year.

I've certainly had an educate on restoring and renovations. Just like my business of Rubi J, I'm learning as I go. This weekend I'm been putting sealer on the pine ceiling. Up and down the ladder; "wax on, wax off". My legs, neck and back need Mr. Miyagi to apply his healing hands to me.

But, believe it or not, I do enjoy this; although my mind wanders as I apply the dripping sealant.

I think in terms of movies and movie slang. Hey, someone could make a movie about this: "The Karate Grandma falls into The Money Pit". But who would play me in this blockbuster?



Imogene Coca is out. She has passed away. Bless her, I know she would have been happy for a job since her character died in Animal House Vacation.

And Mick Jagger is  probably too busy.
Those were the only two I could think of since at various times in my life, people have told me I look like them. (Strange; I not offended.)

Oh well, maybe I'll see if Carol Burnett is available.



1 comment:

Stef Kramer said...

Hilarious...I vote for Carol Burnette...or how about Helen Mirren, heh?