Friday, July 9, 2010

Guilty Pleasure.

Forgive Mother Earth, for I have sinned.

I've been trying so hard to save you, our bodies and minds.

Ron and I started about 3 years ago to get back to the basic of healthy living. We have cut out almost 90% of processed food. I worked to find new recipes to utilize all the basic food groups. Plus, we always recycle. We feel fulfilled and a little superior to those who take the fast food route.

But, I have a confession to make.

We love burned Wimmer hotdogs. Yes, I said it and I feel the weigh of shame already lifting from me.


Every so often in the summertime, we indulge: Grilled burned Wimmer hotdogs (they have to Wimmers, or no deal), Bushes Original Baked Beans and Lays' Potato Chips. I refuse to look at the ingredients - it would spoil the moment.

So, am I a hypocrite? Please say "no". I'm trying to be honest here, and I need to get this off my chest.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "I'm trying". I believe we need to lead a more organic life; the planet's future is in our hands. I do want pecticides, antibodies and hormores out of our lifes. But, occasionally, I backslide.

I'll try to do better after the grilling season is over.

2 comments:

Stef Kramer said...

Hot dogs - a guilty pleasure? Gross! Ice cream maybe. Or maybe cheesecake. But processed meat? Come one, Mother!

Rubi J said...

I know. Weird, isn't it? Ice Cream does nothing for me. Any other hotdog makes me sick; but, Wimmers, they're awesome!! I don't even care about the animal parts mixed in.