Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Dog People"


I wanted to tell everyone about the new and exciting product we are adding to our line; but since there is a thunder storm outside and I have a 35 pound quivering mass on my lap; it is very hard to concentrate. So.....let's talk dog.

We're dog people. There has been very few times in my life I have been without a dog. They are a part of what is me.

Then there are the no-dog people; never had one---never will. Two completely different types. We are both very nice; but do not understand each other. One of my best friends told me once she was appalled when learning my dog slept with me. "I don't even allow my children in my bed."

See what I mean.

We "dog people" feel sorry for them; and they question our sanity.

We currently have two in our household; Lucy and Clifford. Lucy is our dog from the shelter that everyone loves and she loves them back. Clifford is our rat terrier that is hard to love; but we do. The joy we receive from them is second only to our "human" family.

Though the years, my husband and I have had the privilege to share our lives with the most amazing dogs. When we had to say goodbye; I always swear I would never go through this most horrible pain again. But; I do.

Why?

I guess only other dog people would know. We know we are setting ourselves up for heartbreak. We know we will say "Never again." We know; we will again.

It's hard to break the addiction of love.

1 comment:

Stef Kramer said...

There should be waves of you dog people upon the release of Marley and Me...Watch out