Thursday, April 8, 2010

We all need a vision.

This last week has been so inspiring.

Tuesday night I spent an "Evening with Deepak Chopra" at the Qwest Center in Omaha. His book "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success" has been by my side for several years. I reread it whenever I need to get my life back to balance. I give it away to all my friends. It was a wonderful night.

The next day was awesome. I went to the ICAN Leadership Conference; again at the Qwest Center. A day of fellowship, inspiration, motivation and networking for women. The speakers were amazing, the vendors interesting and the food plentiful. I came away refreshed, renewed and rewarded.

But, what stayed with me the most was the new friend I met during the lunch.

I sat down at the round table for eight, sitting beside a new person from the morning session. I introduced myself and she did also. (This is what we do at conferences.) Her name is Beth Katz and I want everyone to meet and know her. This lovely young lady is a jewel.

We all should have visions. My vision to keep pecticides out of children's lifes. Her vision: (my words, not hers) "harmony in the world". Beth is the executive director and founder of Project Infaith. Their mission statement:

"Project Interfaith grows understanding, respect and relationships among people of all faiths, beliefs, and cultures."

How refreshing. Instead of barbs, ridicule and mistrust; compassion and the want to understand. 

Want to be a better person?

Please go to http://www.projectinterfaithusa.org/.

You'll thank me.

No comments: