Saturday, September 13, 2008

"The Vision"

My daughter and I have always dreamed about starting our own business. The most natural business with our mindset was fashion and world causes (yes, I know, it's a strange combo). We wanted quality, trendy clothes for all ages; and, we wanted to make a difference.
The research began.
We have been studying organic cotton. Although not all of our products will be 100% certified cotton; we are most certain that our baby line will be. That is what we are starting with, as we feel it is the most important.
Studies have shown that children today are exposed to 35 percent of their lifetime dose of carcinogens by age five. When considering how sensitive a young child's health can be, it is imperative to minimize their exposure to prevent them from developing complications later in life.
I do believe knowledge and education equals better health and longer life. Perfect example: ME.
I'm from the generation that put our infants in that horrible plastic baby seat and placed my most precious cargo in the front seat (no seat belt) beside me. We, of the hippy mentality, still put our arm out to catch our toddler from falling under the dashboard when we come to a stop. (I shudder to think of it now.)
After many weeks of researching, we have finally found one product. More on that later.
Sandy

For more information on organic cotton, check out this website

http://www.aboutorganiccotton.org

No comments: