Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"I'm leaving on a jet plane......"

 "but, I'll know when I get back again." Next week. Early tomorrow morning, Ron, I and daughter Stef with her family are going to Hawaii for a week. We've been planning this forever and we certainly picked a good winter to leave Iowa. We've seen nothing but snow, snow and more snow for months.

Last night I was making out my "to do" list for today. I noticed how things have changed these last few years. It used to be just being sure the camera had fresh batteries. Now I'm spending the day packing (that never changes) but also making sure Ron's phone is charged, my  phone is charged, both of our iPods are newly downloaded and charged. I've got my Kindle downloaded with new books and charged. And, oh yes. the camera's battery is charged. Whew.

I know for sure grandson, Cole, has his DS charged. Can't leave home without it.

Another sign of the times. This is the first I have ever packed one of those weekly pill boxes for myself. That's so gramma doesn't forget her medicine and vitamins.

See you next week.

No comments: