Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My friend

I have a TON of tasks on my "to do" list.

We have a booth to get ready at the "I Can" Woman Leadership Conference in April.

I've found toddler's T-shirts I need to order.

I need to pay my bills and update my accounts.

Our tax returns are ready.

President Obama is speaking to Congress on television.

I'm busy.

Why is it all I can think about is the well being of my friend? She has been tirelessly working to mend and start the healing of a broken family relationship.

We have all had our family issues; some petty, some hurtful and some unvieldy. This is what she is up against - petty, hurtful and unvieldy issues.

She is conquering all. Why? Because she is doing this for love. That's the magic bullit. LOVE.

This is not amazing. It's hard; but not amazing. Working with love in your heart seems to cut through the maze and continues on until the job is done. The only thing I worry about is the drain on my friend. She gives and gives and gives. Let's give her our love and energy (prayers).

1 comment:

KG said...

My Dear Friend, Sandy...Thank you so much for being there for me. I don't think I would have made it through this without you. You are always there to listen any time I need to talk or cry. Trust is so important in a friendship. I know I can share my deepest thoughts, feelings, and frustrations with you and it will go no further. Your support and understanding mean so much to me. You are the most caring and compassionate person I know. You see nothing but positive in all people and that's why I admire and love you so much. You have a heart that keeps giving and giving and that's why you are the definition of a true friend. Your continued love and support mean so much to me. Thank you for being YOU. Love ya!